Saturday, August 8, 2026

Summer, Was That You?

While much of the northern hemisphere has been roasting at turns this year, my island home has been pretty normal: clouds, fog, drizzle, out and out bucketing down rain, more clouds, showers, sporadic sunshine, and of course more clouds.

That's at least given me a fair amount of crafting time anyway. Even if I could really use more sun; you can take the girl off the prairie but you can't take the prairie sun outta the girl's soul.
 
A friend pointed out last night that the (Clarenville) Fibre Festival is only 2 weeks away!! 2 weeks from now, I'll have finished teaching my first ever workshop, and will probably be browsing the vendor area. I have copies of the pattern I'm using to introduce cable knitting, and a cable tips and tricks handout all ready for my 10 attendees. That's right, 10; a full class for my first time out. That delights, and honestly scares me lol. I'm sure everything will go well though. Fingers crossed 

I just wanted to pop on with a quick update today, so here are some current KDRD pattern samples that show some decent progress to make up for my lack of posting. I think I need to set a reminder for posts again. I'm so disillusioned with social media that I'm just not really posting anything anywhere.

I digress! Let's see the progress photos, shall we?

You may remember Céilí (kay-lee) being a hood last time. Well, she's grown a bit since then:

Ok, scratch that. I've spent the last hour trying to resolve why I can't upload photos *eyeroll* I'm getting an error message that says I'm not logged in. If I'm not logged in how am I writing a post?? Google, you're offbase; go have a nap

So, unfortunately I can't show you where my current design samples are at. This post is suddenly much shorter than anticipated! Sorry, fiber friends; hopefully Google sorts itself out soon. I'll check back later this week, and see if I can get photos to upload then.

What's on your needles and/or hooks? Are your summer craft plans all coming together? I hope they are

Until next time!

Yours in yarn, and annoyance with Google,
Síle




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!