Monday, September 21, 2026

Time for a little Equilibrium

 Happy Autumn, fellow northern hemisphere dwellers! Bring on the crunchy leaves, apple everything, and sweater weather! 🍂🍁 And Happy Spring to those of you in the southern hemisphere 🤗

I'm happy to say my workshop at the Clarenville & Area Fibre Festival last month went absolutely fantastic. What a fun group of ladies came out, and learned the basics of cable knitting. Plus quite a few learned the cable cast-on as an added, and completely impromptu, bonus! We completely lost track of time! Or at least I did lol. I'll definitely sign on to teach again next year (barring any unforeseen moves, of course)

Sadly, my furry niece Silver Belle decided the same day was a good one to leave on an adventure, and while we've had sightings of her in the last 4 weeks she still isn't home. Fortunately, or is it unfortunately?, she was a semi-feral rescue when she came to us so she has survival skills and instincts. But we're understandably worried about her especially as the colder weather seems to be arriving a bit sooner than usual. We need to replace some posters around the neighbourhood that got waterlogged in our most recent deluge. Hopefully I can report she's home soon. Jakey is absolutely lost without his sisfurr, poor lil guy

And it looks like Google still hasn't figured out I'm signed in so I continue to not be able to upload photos 🙄 If, as a Canadian, I need more reason to find non-Google alternatives this is definitely it. A knitting blog without photos isn't exactly what I've been putting forth all these years. Pain in my...

I'm seeing a whole lotta traffic to my site recently: welcome! Glad you found me here in my little crafty corner of things 👋 I hope you'll pop by again if my knitting and other projects, and snippets of life in Newfoundland/Canada are of interest

Sure sign of Autumn coming: the organizers behind the Fasten Off Yarn Along have been informally chatting and working out some bits here and there. Keep an eye on the social media accounts and/or website, there should be posts coming soon. And as always, full disclosure: I'm one of the organizing team behind the FOYAL. I can't believe this'll be our 7th event! Seems like it wasn't too long ago we were figuring out the very first one! 

I've been remiss in my Canadian Small Fibre Arts Business highlighting lately, so I'd like to bring another Newfoundland-based local yarn shop to your attention today: Cast On Cast Off. 

Cast On Cast Off is located in Triton here on the island, and offers in-store and online shopping for yarn, books, needles and notions. They also host a retreat each summer which is becoming very very popular. They carry several exclusive colourways in Briggs & Little wools, including Bergy Blue (which you might remember I used for my Countess Cathleen). You can visit them here: https://www.castoncastoff.com/ 🔗

Ok, fibre friends, that's everything from me today! I hope your crafting is going well. Anything autumnal on your needles and/or hooks? A few friends have made little pumpkins recently so the autumn vibes are definitely starting to flow

Yours in yarn, and equal parts sunshine & moonlight (as long as the clouds stay apart iykyk),
Síle



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!