Thursday, July 23, 2020

Low Vision Update



I have a happy announcement to make: I uploaded the low vision pdf for my Treble Jig Legwarmers today on Payhip and Ravelry. This link goes directly to the pattern on Payhip: Treble Jig Legwarmers

That's all my paid patterns, with the exception of Rínce Fada, that now have two pdfs: the standard one with written and charted instructions, and the low vision one. I want knitters to be able to knit my patterns whichever way is best for them. Going forward my patterns will have both pdfs on their release. 

Which brings me back to Rínce Fada. I presented it as charts only after the basic gauge, materials, and note sections; 11 charts make up the pattern for Rínce Fada. I felt it would be too unwieldy to have line by line instructions on top of them. It's the written sections and line by line instructions that I turn into my low vision pdfs. In larger type, Rínce Fada would likely be over a hundred pages. For now I'm going to leave it as it is. That doesn't mean I won't change my mind in the future. 

In blog news, I'm trying to figure out how to set up photo links so that my patterns are available here instead of sending you over to Payhip. I'm not tech savvy at all so this is definitely a learning experience! I used the advice and CSS notes that Sarah from knitting-and.com posted to make my Payhip shop more accessible last evening. I'm so grateful for this sharing of knowledge to improve accessibility. 

We're no longer under a heat warning! Yay, back to comfortably warm temps! I was able to knit a few rounds on the worsted weight wool shawl last night (the purple one in my collage) without melting, so now that I have my existing patterns updated I can get back to new designs. I'm really excited to be able to share new behind the scenes photos again soon. I'm aiming for one, possibly two, new patterns to come out this year.

Til next time,
Síle


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!