Monday, January 9, 2023

Wanna See a Swatch?

No, really. I was playing around with double-knitting and texture the other day and I made this little bit:
A photo collage of two sides of the same handknit square. Above the two photos are the words '9 patch double-knit block'. The photo on the left is of a charcoal gray and blue square. The two colors are arranged in a 3x3 checkerboard with 5 blue sections and 4 gray ones. The blue sections are in stockinette stitch while the gray ones are in reverse stockinette. The other photo shows the other side with 5 stockinette gray sections and 4 reverse stockinette blue sections.

I think it's kind of cute and also interesting. I've been toying with a double-knit blanket idea for a bit, and I think this might create the effect I was looking for in part of it. Possibly. I'll have to try a few other things out next.

What do you think? Something you'd like to try maybe?

Speaking of double-knitting, I should have a double-knit eyelet tutorial up later this week. And yes, it ties directly to the Hornpipe Bag pattern.

Yours in yarn and double-knitting experiments and photo tutorials,
Síle



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!