Friday, January 6, 2023

Happy Birthday, KDRD!

They grow up so fast sniff

My little Knit Dance Repeat Designs is 8 years old today!

I launched my shop on R@v on January 6, 2015 with pdfs of the three free patterns that were on my original blog. Those patterns, Anchors & Ropes, MVP, and Pyewacket, are still here too! And they've been joined by 13 others in the intervening years.

My current plan is to release two new patterns this year, and continue with rolling out re-releases of my current catalog. Some needed new photos, all needed my logo added, and any with an existing low vision pdf are getting updated for that pdf to also be screen reader accessible. Practice Makes Perfect, which came out in 2022, was my first pattern released with all of these features included from day 1. All Knit Dance Repeat Designs patterns going forward will as well. Now I just need to get my older patterns caught up!

There are a couple of behind the scenes changes coming this year too. The one you'll probably notice is the dropping of ".blogspot" from the url. Other changes won't be noticeable to you but they'll help me on this side of the screen. That means more regular posts and tutorials. 

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about what 2023 will bring. Hmm, maybe a couple sweater quantities of yarn? ;)

Join me in raising a toast (I've got a glass of Dr Pepper, so you needn't be fancy) to 8 years of Knit Dance Repeat Designs! May year 9 be the best yet!

Yours in yarn and cake,
Síle



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!