Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Picture Day!

I don't know about you, but I loved picture day at school. Getting to dress up a bit and get out of regular class stuff for a little bit. Like an in-school vacation. Well, sort of lol

And my mum always sent the new photo far and wide when they came back from Josten's. Grandparents, uncles, aunt, family friends, penpals; everyone it seems got the new pic.

Today is a Picture Day at KDRD :) I'm looking forward to getting better photos of several of my previous patterns today. We've had a bit of snow this week to make the winter accessories look right at home. And while I don't really care for getting in front of the camera normally, there's something a bit different about pattern photos. A bit of play acting goes into it. "Out for a stroll in the woods as the snow lightly falls. Was that a bird? Look up in the trees before carrying on."

I can happily report I got my Covid-19 booster shot last night. Other than a bit of tenderness around the injection site, a brief bit of heat in one cheek (think of the sensation when you've got 3 or 4 Captain & colas into you, and your face gets a bit hot) that lasted about 45 minutes, and the slight scratchiness of an impending sore throat last night, I'm absolutely fine. I've been very lucky compared to some. Good genetics; Mum has only experienced a tender arm with all three of her doses, and Dad, while a slight bit more reactive than me, has been fine within 12 hours. Anyway, that's done and dusted!

Bring on the camera, K! I'm ready for my closeup(s) ;)

Yours in yarn and a snowbank,
Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!