Saturday, March 13, 2021

Preparing to Leave

As many of you know, so-called Classic Rav ceases to exist at the end of this month. And I, like many others, am leaving as close to then as possible. It will still look like I'm there as I'll be keeping my account open in order to maintain control of my pattern listings. However that will be the only activity my account will see after March 31st.

Now that creates a whole bunch of headaches after being active on the site for so many years (I joined in September of 2009; before the site reached half a million members!) I've logged projects and stash, even projects I made before Rav existed! Some of the projects have photos that don't exist elsewhere! 

In order to keep all of my photos and notes from my older projects, plus my new ones, I've started a second blog. It will only have projects on it, no rambles off into dance or whatever else. Unless for some reason I noted it in the project notes. And believe me my notes can be quite interesting if not downright odd at times!

I've added a link in the sidebar of this blog to the new blog, which I've named SĂ­le's Yarning Notebookđź”—. I'm going oldest to newest, more or less, so there's some rarely seen projects of mine coming to light right now if you'd like to take a looksee. I have a feeling we may see a resurgence in yarn blogs (knitting, crocheting, weaving, spinning) in the coming months as crafters set up new online spaces to keep their projects organized.

So far, (8 projects in) everything has been from books, leaflets, or ball bands, which I've been noting with the pattern information but when I get to online patterns I will be including Off-Rav links for everyone's interest and safety where possible. If it's a pattern only on Rav, I'll be making that clear as well without a link.

So there you have my latest project!

Oh, speaking of things I've learned to do because of needing to set up my own spot here on the interwebs due to Those People Too Bullheaded (see what I did there? TPTB hee hee), if you look at my patterns tab, you'll see that instead of a big long line on one side my pattern photos are all in a nice grouping. I learned where to paste bits of code and how to add the right links in the right spots to make them do that yesterday. :) I'm quite pleased with myself over that. If anyone else is in need of an easy to follow guide for making a clickable gallery, you can find it here: xomisse.com đź”—

Silver (the elder of my furry nieces) is squawking at me in that near bird-like tone of hers that usually means she's done something to Jakey, so I better make sure he's alright lol

Yours in yarn and old project photos,

SĂ­le

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!