Monday, February 22, 2021

What a Month (so far)

 Hello!

Between losing internet (and cable) twice for a total of 8 days, having a birthday, and my province returning to level 5 (ie the highest precautions) in pandemic protocol, it's been quite a month. Oh, and our oven going kaput when trying to make nachos for the hockey game on Saturday night.

Fortunately we're all healthy and I'm listening to Jakey and Silver chasing each other up and down the stairs as I write. There's something about hearing the cats go about their usual business that has a very calming effect, an "everything will be ok" quality. Nearly time for me to think of my health and take my hour of "me time". I'm not quite back to daily but I feel much better with what I am getting done.

I have a tentative date for the release of my Hornpipe Bag: May 15th. If you enjoy double-knitting this is one to watch for. I'm toying with a couple of other double-knit ideas at the moment too. I need to find just the right yarns though. One will definitely be knit in worsted weight. The other I'd like to use DK weight, but that's harder to come by here. That's part of the fun of designing, pairing the idea with a yarn that suits it. I like smooth yarns that show off the stitches nicely, and I tend to use the same ones a lot. It would be nice to expand a bit, so if you have any recommendations that won't break the bank on shipping and exchange, feel free to leave them in the comments. 

Time to get away from the phone and disconnect for my hour.

Yours in yarn and yoga pants,

Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!