Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Home again, home again

Getting my things together this morning for my return home after a doctor's appointment in Town yesterday.

I finished my Harvest Monday evening! I had all but the left pocket done on Sunday night so I wore it in. Here it is; not the best light I'm afraid:
A brightly coloured striped cardigan lays on a blue bedspread. The entire photo looks a bit yellowed due to taking it at night indoors.


After my appointment yesterday, I headed downtown. Downtown St. John's is a treat to walk around. I got lunch as takeout and thanks to a brilliant sunny day I walked up to Harbourside Park to eat.
View of Signal Hill taken from Harbourside Park. Cabot Tower is to the left overlooking the ocean and the Narrows into St. John's harbour.

Harbourside Park's friendly residents: a Newfoundland dog (larger, closest to the camera) and a Labrador dog (smaller dog).

Looking toward Signal Hill, again a lovely view of Cabot Tower. In the foreground there's quite a bit of water, showing just how close Harbourside Park is to the actual harbour itself.

And I suddenly had the urge to have my friends Newfoundland and Labrador ;) "model" my sweater. 
Brightly coloured striped cardigan draped on the back of a Newfoundland dog statue in the sunlight. The cardigan is positioned in a common laying pose as if it were spread on a bed or couch.

The same sweater positioned on the Newfoundland dog as if the dog were wearing it around its shoulders.

The same sweater again only this time it is the Labrador retriever dog that has the cardigan around its shoulders.

Aren't they great sports?

From Harbourside Park I headed for a bit of a walk. I captured some prettiness near the Newfoundland War Memorial.
Red petunias and white roses in the Newfoundland War Memorials built in planters.

A large stone vase full of white, reddish-purple and purple flowers near the steps up to the Newfoundland War Memorial. Some of the steps are visible on the left side of the photo.

Then I caught this one of the Newfoundland Chocolate Factory's whimsical mural.
Side of a two story building. The top edge of the building looks as if hot fudge were dripping down. Below the "drips" is a mural depicting chocolate characters boating along a river. There are several cars visible reminding everyone that Duckworth Street is a very busy throughfare.

This is part of the Angels Corner memorial, which is part of a national initiative, recognizing female victims of violence and creates awareness of the need to end violence and abuse against women on the corner of Duckworth and Prescott Streets. Sadly, Newfoundland & Labrador has some of Canada's highest rates of domestic violence and violence against women in general.
A solid long bench seat with a mosaic design in white, shades of purple, and black depicting an angel drawing a woman close in protection, the female sign, rolling waves, amongst other design elements. Due to the brokenness of the mosaic like design it is possible to not see all of the images at once.


There's a little slice of St. John's downtown for you! I like to refer to St. John's as "pretty city"; I think you can understand that now.

Now that my sweater is done, I'm back to focusing on my own designs. I'm feeling a bit renewed. I have the Hornpipe Bag with me for some shuttle knitting, as well as a swatch (that I'm calling a coaster) for something new that popped into my head last week.

Yours in yarn and (at this moment) Town,
Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!