Friday, September 18, 2020

Happy International Irish Dance Day!

 Yesterday was the first International Irish Dance Day. About time ;) It was fabulous looking at all the posts on Insta. A nice way to spend the day since I was laid up with a stomach bug. Unfortunately that meant I didn't get to pull out my hardshoes and make a new video to post. I did watch some ancient videos on YouTube of me and my dance pals, which was a fabulous trip down memory lane. It's been 9 and a bit years since I was last onstage. Wow. Time has definitely flown by! Here's a few moments from "the old days":
Síle onstage in her black dress with red, blue and yellow embroidery. The back drop of the stage is several banners with large Celtic knotworks centered on them. The banners are different colors while the knotworks are white.

My last solo on the Irish Pav stage during Regina's Mosaic Festival. June 2011. Screenshot from video by Laura Popoff


Collage: Top left: Headshot of Síle smiling in her dance dress, full makeup, and curls. Top right: Síle onstage with three other dancers , two brunettes and a redhead, in matching tan skirts and black blouses. Bottom left: Síle mid dance on an outdoor stage, lots of trees in the background. Bottom right: Síle from behind showing her curls and the kite of her dance costume
Top left: All smiles after a performance on the Irish Pavillion stage. June 2010 (cred to Lindsay Sasseville)
Top right: March 2006, me, Nat, H and Sionan onstage at the Cornwall Centre's center court in our first Prairie Gael outfits (not sure who took this one; probably David Popoff)
Bottom left: August 2005, onstage and mid cut at the Saskatchewan Centennial celebrations held in Regina's Wascana Centre (cred to Alice MacDougall)
Bottom right: Check out my curls! And the kite of my dance costume. Irish Pavillion June 2010 (cred to Lindsay Sasseville)

I started dancing with the Irish Club of Regina Dancers in the fall of 1999. I went on to join the Prairie Gael School of Irish Dance in the summer of 2005 and stayed with them until my cross country move in late February/early March 2012. (Literally: my plane left Regina on Feb 29 and I arrived in St. John's on March 1)

A little dance down memory lane. I wouldn't trade them for all the gold. 

Yours in ghillies,
Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!