Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wednesday


Have you ever felt that Wednesday is sort of a day unto itself? Saturday and Sunday are "The Weekend". Monday, and Tuesday to a lesser extent, is the all important "Start of the Work Week". Similarly Friday, lesser extent to Thursday, is the "End of the Work Week/Beginning of the Weekend". But Wednesday just sort of sits there. It's also the day least impacted by long weekends/bank holidays. Just something I thought of while sitting on hold this morning.

I'm happy to report I'm onto the sides of the Hornpipe Bag sample. I'll need to refine the wording on how to transition from the base section to the sides but the actual doing of it went pretty smooth; I only restarted it twice! Third time really was the charm! Shouldn't take too long to work up, although double-knitting naturally takes longer to complete. You're working twice the amount of stitches after all, so it makes sense. But if you're like me you look at the measurements of something and say to yourself "This should take me about x hours.", and then sort of kick yourself when that timeframe comes and goes. You'd think I'd learn but no. *insert image of me laughing at myself here*

I'll leave you with this picture of my furry nephew, Jakey. I've mentioned hockey being played in August this year and my mum sent him a little something to help me and my roommate (aka Jakey's mum) cheer for our team. Doesn't he look cute?? And this could be the last game of the season for my guys tonight, so all the more reason to share a little Canadiens' love.


Yours in yarn and hockey fandom,

Síle

Long haired black and white cat wearing a Montréal Canadiens bandana




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!