Saturday, August 29, 2020

Didja' Ever...

"...Didja' ever get one of them (daays)
Didja' ever get one of them days, boys
Didja' ever get one of them days
When nothing is right from morning till night
Didja' ever get one of them days..."

You might've wondered if I got buried by my yarn stash this week. Truth is I just haven't felt like my self the last little bit. Just tired and a bit meh about everything. I spoke to my doctor and she contacted the hospital and then I had to call them to have them call me to get an appointment for bloodwork to be done. Is it just me, or is there a whole lot of phone tag being played these days so we don't wind up with too many people in one spot? Better safe than sorry, of course but it still strikes me that for things being sort of back to "new normal", they sure aren't very organized. 
Hopefully the bloodwork tells them what's on the go and I can start feeling like me again. I've had the above snippet of the Elvis song running through my head, so I thought I'd pass it along.

My grandma turned 98 on Monday, and yesterday my dad's elder brother turned 85. The eldest on their respective sides of my family. I hope they both had good days. And cake. If nothing else a birthday should mean cake. Unless the birthday person prefers something else. Ice cream is also suitable... This could start leading me down a dessert rabbithole so I better stop and say goodnight. 

Hopefully I'll have some interesting knitting content for you next time!

Yours in yarn and yawns,
Síle



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!