Friday, July 7, 2023

Testing News and Social Media

I'm happy to report I opened applications for spots to test/beta knit my Four Hand Reel tote bag pattern this week!


Applications are open on Yarnpond until next Friday (the 14th), and testers chosen will receive their copies on July 15th. The (completely flexible) deadline is set as September 23rd; 10 weeks for striped garter stitch log cabin blocks turned into a very roomy tote bag. I use mine as a knitting project bag for larger projects; it's housing the yarn and a started baby blanket currently. You can find all the details of the test here: https://www.yarnpond.com/pattern_tests/3590


I've been trying to get my Instagram mojo working again. I used to post all the time, several times a day. But since Covid came into our lives, I've noticed I have a lot of trouble with social media. I don't know what it is, but while I'll scroll for hours, I have a really difficult time posting my own posts. Captions are hard to write (normally my strong suit). It's like my chronic pain and medication induced brain fog has swallowed my words. Thankfully not in my pattern writing, but having a presence on social media as an indy designer of knitting patterns is sooooooo important these days. I'm feeling a bit lost and adrift on the interwebs these days. I don't think Elephant Mess mucking about with Twitter is helping me either. Twitter was the second social media I ever joined, maybe a month or two after I joined Ravelry, so it's kind of my home. Sadly its days seem very numbered. If you have any tips or tricks that help you maintain your presence on social media, especially photos on Instagram (please not Reels though. The only reels I like involve ghillies or hardshoes ;) ) comment below, please and thank you!

Off to the glamor and grandeur that is washing dishes! I know you're secretly envying me ;)

Yours in yarn and testknitting applications,
Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!