Thursday, May 26, 2022

Spoke Too Soon

On the weather, that is! Bright sunshine and 9°C here today. Brrr! Happily I have warm knits to help me through this. I really hope we avoid "Juneuary" this year! Keeping my fingers crossed!

My Countess Cathleen cloak is starting to take shape. I was playing with it a bit last night and took these photos:

Síle modelling the hood with her head all the way back so the front drapes down. Her face is only partially visible, as the angle of the photo is more from the side.


Síle modelling the hood, this time with the border against her forehead. Same angle as the first photo, giving a three-quarter view of her.


A silver tabby cat looks at the camera as if saying "What the heck are you getting on with?"

I think Silver was getting concerned about me. :,,,D Isn't she precious? Sweet girl

Anyway! In the second photo you can just make out the cloak body starting to come out from under the hood's folds. Hopefully I'll have more to show off very soon!

Are you waiting to hear more on my Hornpipe Bag pattern? I should have it ready for testing soon! I've decided to give Yarnpond a try for this test, which gives me a collective spot to run the test and gather feedback. This is more akin to when I had my Rav group and everyone involved could see questions and answers as they came up, which I found to be a much better way to communicate. As compared to when I tried running a test via email; that was a nightmare for everyone, I think. I didn't enjoy it as much that's for sure. And I had brilliant testers! Couldn't have been better! Yarnpond is free to signup to, and it's quite nominal in fees for a designer to run a test. So I'm going to give it a go. 

This will be the year of experiments! Not only am I going to be giving Yarnpond a try for running a test/preview knit, but I'm working on the sample for a mystery knitalong (mkal) I plan on launching in the late summer/early fall. That will be run on Instagram, which I'm hearing is pretty good for craftalongs since they're really about seeing the projects take shape. I think it'll be fun!

That's what's keeping me busy, what about you? What's on your needles right now? What are you looking forward to making and/or finishing over the warmer months? 

Yours in yarn, and calendars,
Síle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!