Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Well Did You Ever...

 What a swell party this is! 

Yes, I once again have song lyrics stuck in my head :) Hard not to some days, especially when you learn you hit "save" on a post but not "publish" *facepalm*. So today you can read two posts that are new to you!

I meant to write this earlier this month, but life has a funny way of derailing plans. 

Are you familiar with Germander Cottage Crafts? It's a blog and shop run by Hanna, and she's been running featured indy designers every month. I'm so pleased to be May's featured designer!! Be sure to pop over and have a look see at both the blog and shop :) 

Speaking of Off-Rav Designers, one of my personal projects right now is Aoibhe Ní's Finola (link is directly to the pattern page on Aoibhe's website, YarnTowers.com). I hadn't ever done more than a square in Tunisian crochet before and look at this beautiful shawl I'm in the midst of!
Tunisian crochet shawl spread out on the floor for a photo. The shawl is being worked in a gradient yarn in shades of blue, ranging from turquoise to navy, and purples, ranging from deep purple to lilac. The shawl is worked in long narrow wedge shaped panels ended with fan-shapes. The panels are offset, joined while working, giving the shawl an asymmetrical shape with the wider ends and fans forming the left side, and the narrow ends forming the right.

If you've ever considered trying Tunisian crochet, I highly recommend Aoibhe's patterns. Not only are they well written, she also has fantastic videos showing exactly how she does the various steps of the pattern. And I'm not normally someone who finds videos helpful! You can find my project notes for this, and my other projects, over on my other blog here.

How's your weather? We're having a cold rainy snap to end out May. Really hoping weatherman Eddie is right and warmer temps are coming to start off June!

Speaking of June, how is that next week already?? They say time flies when you're having fun but I haven't had much fun lately, and it's still zooming by!

That's it for today! Be sure to checkout the hashtag #WIPWednesdayOffRav on Twitter and Instagram today for all kinds of inspiring projects, patterns, and yarns! Wednesdays are so nice with all the photos :)

Your's in yarn and a warm sweater (I told you it's cold here! lol),
Síle



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!