Monday, August 10, 2020

Double Trouble?

 

‪In progress colorwork knitting: black background, rainbow variegated knotwork. The two balls of yarn are on either side of the lap the knitting rests on‬

I'm working on the Hornpipe Bag today and it got me thinking: how do other knitters keep their yarns from tangling while double-knitting?

You can see my solution in the photo. For the record, I knit English/American/right-handed style, carrying both colors with my right hand. I like to keep the background color on my right side and the contrast color on my left side. Yes, that means I switch them around at the start of every row. I find it works best for me, but what works for me isn't necessarily going to work for you! 

I've read some different ways knitters handle their yarns, so I thought I'd ask you to share your favourite way(s) of tangle taming while double-knitting. 

Yours in yarn and trebles,
Síle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!